Springeri Damsel

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Are Springeri Damsel more trouble than they're worth

  • Yes, they blue ditactors who have a severe case of Napleon complex

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're OK with other fish

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Run as fast as you can away from these fish

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Go for it!

    Votes: 3 42.9%

  • Total voters
    7

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
795
Reaction score
441
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just pursuing Dr. Quarantine Fish this morning and I came across a Springeri Damsel. I know damsels are little devils with fins, but I'm considering starting a coral farm to grow out some coral frags to trade eventually. Are these damsels divas or can they get along with other fish?
 
Mine is a perfect citizen. I got it for red planaria.
 
Perfect citizen in my tank as well. Beautiful fish.
 
Not a single problem with mine except for kinda shy. My yellow tail was more active and a model citizen as well.
 
Springeri's are known to be fairly docile compared to other Damsels. Them and Kupangs are about the same but for whatever reason the yellow-tails can be a bit meaner in my experience despite being a Chrysiptera damsel.

Generally all Chrysiptera damsels can be considered nicer than something like a Domino Damsel or Blue Devil Damsel.
 
Springeri's are known to be fairly docile compared to other Damsels. Them and Kupangs are about the same but for whatever reason the yellow-tails can be a bit meaner in my experience despite being a Chrysiptera damsel.

Generally all Chrysiptera damsels can be considered nicer than something like a Domino Damsel or Blue Devil Damsel.
When I started getting interested in this hobby 20+ years ago damsels were in all the petstores. It was recommended to cycle the tank with them. Now they're not in stores or recommended to cycle tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new