sps 93 cube lighting options?

Artisan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had already purchased 2 Arctic-t247 LED lights for my SPS heavy rimless 93 cube build, but only recently plugged them in. unfortunately, the fan noise is more than I would like in my living room. The Razr 160w has been suggested to me, but a 30x30x24 tank would likely need 2 of them. That being the case, it might be less expensive for me to purchase 2 Kessil Tuna Blue lights or 2 Radion G3 pro light. Both seem to offer good mounting options and perform well enough for SPS. However, the real question is about noise! Can anyone compare the two or make any recommendations please? A silent unit would be best, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

OP
OP
Artisan

Artisan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I decided to go with the Radion over the Kessil. I really like the Kessils, but I was able to get a good deal on the Radion.

OP
OP
Artisan

Artisan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting two of them. It might be overkill though. I might have been able to get away with one by changing out the standard (I think) 80 degree lens with the 120, but I want a wider intensity footprint higher in the water column than I thought the 120 lens could give me. That's all speculation though.

reefcubed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24" 8 bulb ATI Sunpower dimmable with two 24" blue LED Reefbrite VHO strips
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefcubed I follow you on instagram and your tank in awesome. Is there somewhere where I can look at tank specs?

Iowafisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Ocean revive t247 only 175$ has timer and dim. My sps and Lps are growing like crazy. And one is enough for whole 93 cube

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back