SPS aggression /compatibility?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PotatoPig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2023
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
1,475
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a guideline on which SPS can be in close proximity and/or touch?

I have an “SPS ridge” that currently holds a stylo (forest fire), a blue branching digi, and two acros (purple, frog skin). They’re starting to take off, especially the digi, and I’m now realizing I didn’t leave as much space between them as I probably should…

So I recently moved the purple Acro from the digi (digi was almost in contact), but looking ahead I’m wondering which of these will be ok in proximity? I see a lot of pics of SPS tanks where there’s a ton of SPS almost on top of each other, so am assuming/hoping some are ok?
 
Acros will pretty much kill other acros unless they are the same species. The tanks that have crowded colonies are constantly pruned or the owners just let them compete to the death. I have had to shut down a couple of SPS tanks due to neglect in keeping colonies contained.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new