SPS and GFO

  • Thread starter Thread starter RCS82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Lapin thanks for posting that. I guess what I take away from that is although GFO reduces our phosphates it also effects many other elements like zinc, copper, manganese, cobalt etc. But not in a critical way.
 
My phosphates are at 0.25 ppm....should I run GFO?
 
My phosphates are at 0.25 ppm....should I run GFO?
Before you jump in what is your nitrate number?
Reason is, we want to check to see if over feeding is the issue.
What test kit did you use for phosphate?
 
You could be over feeding. Nitrate seems a bit high. First I would try to feed less. Maybe do more water chages. If that does not reduce both N and P then GFO will help reduce P. I would not go too fast. Shoot for .05 to .1
 
Ive been carbon dosing with vinegar also.. 10 ml/day
 
Can you help me figure out what to do?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new