Sps and lighting

  • Thread starter Thread starter bobster911
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bobster911

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
67
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening dudes :)

I have a quick question for you regarding the hydras I just got.

When it comes to coral growth what colour light will they grow under ? I'm asking this question because I have found out recently that red light can harm sps is too lager amounts

So for my lunar cycle I started using more red and violet but now am switching to violet blue and u.v

Do you get more growth from white light or blue lights?

Thanks guys x
 
There are peaks in the PAR spectrum that are most ideal for most Coral growth 450nm and 510nm Blue and Cyan, and peaks for fluorescence 410-430 Violet 450-520-ish Royal Blue to Green range and then there are parts of the spectrum needed to reflect color so that we see it the best such as a Reds and a bit of Yellow to Amber.

Oops, typed this up hours ago and forgot to hit submit..... lol


Cheers, Todd
 
Haha thanks mate your 5 hours behind me anyways I'm in England lol , I was just curious if there are any colours that they won't grow under if you get me

Any way of measuring the PAR?
 
Haha yeah true, any idea how much I should be paying for one of them ?
 
Ahhhh not cheep then, I think that works out to about £240
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new