SPS brown.

  • Thread starter Thread starter USMA36
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
467
Location
Northeast PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about 2.5 months ago I had an Alk spike. Topped out around 12.5. Since then pretty much all of my SPS have browned out. I stopped dosing and slowly brought alk back down to 8. What are the odds these corals make any kind of recovery?

45C58DB3-3395-4F43-8371-7BC7E5383F4A.jpeg C3CEEBD3-08A9-4917-8AF5-BBAAFD315A03.jpeg 277245A3-0A43-4D9E-9488-0DF4C4FABFCD.jpeg 147000A8-EE1A-417F-BAFF-9FA7D47FD3F4.jpeg
 
Some people run their alk at 12dkh, so I'd say yours should be ok. Are you sure that spike is why they browned? Has your nutrient levels or lights changed?
 
about 2.5 months ago I had an Alk spike. Topped out around 12.5. Since then pretty much all of my SPS have browned out. I stopped dosing and slowly brought alk back down to 8. What are the odds these corals make any kind of recovery?

45C58DB3-3395-4F43-8371-7BC7E5383F4A.jpeg C3CEEBD3-08A9-4917-8AF5-BBAAFD315A03.jpeg 277245A3-0A43-4D9E-9488-0DF4C4FABFCD.jpeg 147000A8-EE1A-417F-BAFF-9FA7D47FD3F4.jpeg
Hi, I am looking to buy browned out acans for file fish to eat are you selling any?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new