SPS Challenging STN Issue - need suggestions!

Lol squamosa, I've had this meteor shower frag 1 year and 8 months now. It's a fighter and it's on the mend ;)
You can send me a frag of something when I bring it back to life ;)

Thanks for the tips reefpro. I've been dosing with bed dosers and apex for 18 months so I've got that part down pat. I'm okay with lighter pigments if I can just get stuff to grow!

What do you mean about frag healing? Cut frag, but put it somewhere to heal a few days then glue? With the flow I've got in there I'm not sure there's a place it won't bounce around unless glued. Suggestions?

Thanks again everyone for the help.
 
Lol squamosa, I've had this meteor shower frag 1 year and 8 months now. It's a fighter and it's on the mend ;)
You can send me a frag of something when I bring it back to life ;)

Thanks for the tips reefpro. I've been dosing with bed dosers and apex for 18 months so I've got that part down pat. I'm okay with lighter pigments if I can just get stuff to grow!

What do you mean about frag healing? Cut frag, but put it somewhere to heal a few days then glue? With the flow I've got in there I'm not sure there's a place it won't bounce around unless glued. Suggestions?

Thanks again everyone for the help.

Haha.

I'm afraid it won't get to you from Australia :xd:

Just cut it above the necrotic area, glue it down to a plug and hope for the best!!

I used to keep a Zeo tank, so if you need any advice....

Keep us posted on the progress.

Best of luck,
Tony
 
Just put a Tupperware dish weighted down with piece of live rock. But best to allow a fresh cut coral a few days to heal before regluing but you need to cut above where there is still good tissue and that's the only way. Good luck I've been where you are and it's very frustrating
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new