SPS coral id

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2017
Messages
4,661
Reaction score
10,203
Location
SD
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grabbed this from a local shop; I consider them sps experts but they were not sure. Anybody know the genus/species? Is it some sort of monti? Doesn’t look like the digitatas I’ve kept. The coral is exceptionally hard to cut.
IMG_0734.jpeg
 
Grabbed this from a local shop; I consider them sps experts but they were not sure. Anybody know the genus/species? Is it some sort of monti? Doesn’t look like the digitatas I’ve kept. The coral is exceptionally hard to cut.
IMG_0734.jpeg
Polyps do have a very monti digi style. Could it be a weird one montipora hirsuta or spongedes.
 
Grabbed this from a local shop; I consider them sps experts but they were not sure. Anybody know the genus/species? Is it some sort of monti? Doesn’t look like the digitatas I’ve kept. The coral is exceptionally hard to cut.
IMG_0734.jpeg
Looks like Seriatopora dendritica, also known as R66 Queensland Sizzler, to me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new