SPS Corals

Theo15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it that some sps corals burn but others don't in the same conditions? , I don't get it[emoji53] ......

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it that some sps corals burn but others don't in the same conditions? , I don't get it[emoji53] ......
It all depends on the individual coral and where it came from. Not all SPS corals like high light, some lile moderate light. And it also deoends on where the coral came from and what lighting it was kept in from the source. That's why whenever you add a new coral it's suggested to run a lighting acclamation so the coral can adjust to your lighting :)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By burning what to you mean. RTN? tissue recession from the tips?
Both are caused by stress due to water conditions or placement in the aquarium.
AIO tanks are generally pretty small water volumes and this causes fluctuation in water parameters.
Placing stress on the corals. High Alk and low Phosphate will cause tissue recession at the tips.
I have had to really watch how I maintain my little 40 gallon IM tank. I moved into a patio home and before that I had several thousand gallons in the basement with everything hooked together causing rock solid parameters and more success at keeping SPS. I have finally found a balance and I am more successful with this small tank and SPS.

OP
OP
Theo15

Theo15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By burning what to you mean. RTN? tissue recession from the tips?
Both are caused by stress due to water conditions or placement in the aquarium.
AIO tanks are generally pretty small water volumes and this causes fluctuation in water parameters.
Placing stress on the corals. High Alk and low Phosphate will cause tissue recession at the tips.
I have had to really watch how I maintain my little 40 gallon IM tank. I moved into a patio home and before that I had several thousand gallons in the basement with everything hooked together causing rock solid parameters and more success at keeping SPS. I have finally found a balance and I am more successful with this small tank and SPS.
Burning from tips

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back