SPS Cube

royal sps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all to all you reefers out there.

I am new to this forum and just looking for some advice on a 24*24*18 rimless cube.

I am running a Radion Gen2 XR30W Pro Led fixture and am thinking of changing the lens from the standard to the Wide Angle TIR Lens, can anyone please give me some advise on this, as I am a bit confused about the depth issue etc. I am running my tank BB if that helps with anything.

Interested to hear some feedback

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 24x24 footprint shouldn't need the wide angle lenses. What is your lighting schedule and what is the max intensity you're ramping up to and for how long? How high is the fixture from the tank?

moulton712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on preference. Also if you hang the light higher you will get more spread. On your tank id put the wide angle lens on just so the whole tank is lit. You generally turn the power up slightly to compensate for spread.

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on preference. Also if you hang the light higher you will get more spread. On your tank id put the wide angle lens on just so the whole tank is lit. You generally turn the power up slightly to compensate for spread.

Pretty sure those things can do a 30x30 spread on the stock setup, shouldn't need more, I would use a par meter to test out the edges, and see if raising the unit helps before buying this.

moulton712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure those things can do a 30x30 spread on the stock setup, shouldn't need more, I would use a par meter to test out the edges, and see if raising the unit helps before buying this.

Exactly why i just lurk

Do you have one? Or watched vids on set up? Op might understand what I'm saying. To elaborate a little, light spreads down at a cone shape. The bottom might be covered but at the top corners wont.

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly why i just lurk

Do you have one? Or watched vids on set up? Op might understand what I'm saying. To elaborate a little, light spreads down at a cone shape. The bottom might be covered but at the top corners wont.

I have helped set them up before, obviously if the light is not 30x30, there will be a cone shape, that was why I had suggested raising them and testing with a par meter before spending money on it, these lights are pretty pricey without changing anything on there, was just trying to help save a couple bucks.

SloppyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a gen 3 pro on a 30x30x24 with stock lenses and no issues. I don't think you need the wide angles. They come with the stock lenses. You have to buy the wide angle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

royal sps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

I am currently running the Radiant Schedule but have tweaked it to give me more of a 20k temp.
Lights run from 12pm - 10pm at 60% peaking at 65%

The light was at about 8" above the water, but I raised in about and 1.5" I feel I am getting a far better spread now.

Should I adjust my intensity slightly over the next few weeks?

Any feedback would help.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 76 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back