SPS Dominant 250L Tank (REEF DIARY)

AcroNerd

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2022
Messages
19
Reaction score
53
Location
International
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank is 2 years old, current problems:
-too much coralline algae
-dirty sump
-flow isn't on point (sufficient bu could be better)
I also want to move it to a different room.
current situation:
unnamed.jpg

yup, its a coralline algae farm lol.

I will update every time I change something, lets call it a reef diary.
happy reefing and if you have any questiions or feedback feel free to leave it here!
 
this picture is about a year ago, back when the coralline algae wasn't sucking the trace elements...
I hope to achieve the same level of aesthetics and even better (Im trying to design a special 3d printed nozzle to combat detritus buildup on the bottom)

IMG-2931.jpg
 
Hey it looks really nice, what equipment have you running it??
thank you! here is some of my equipment:
-3x hydra26hd for lighting (for better coverage)
-red sea skimmer 300 (I dont really like it but it does the job)
-ghl kh director+doser (worth every penny)
-gfo reactor
other than that, pretty regular stuff, Im trying to keep it as simple as I possible.
 
"too much coralline algae" never knew that was a thing people considered a problem, haha.
lol, I know, right? I liked it at first, but then it got completely out of control, for example, the coralline algae on the bottom of the tank started to expand and crack probably due to gasses trapped underneath, and that defeats the whole purpose of bare bottom...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new