Sps dying

reefking807

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2013
Messages
109
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my sps has been randomly dying off. I don't know why.
My alk is 10.5
Cal 400
Phosphate.75ppm Red Sea test
Nitrate maybe be 5 ppm
Lighting tec light 8x54 bulbs were bought in Aprilish timeframe. 10hr light schedule. I do biweekly water changes of 20 gallons Reef crystals

They were doing really good out of nowhere they started drying. The polyps aren't extended. The skin is on there and no rtn stn. Help
 
Alk and Ca are out of whack..
 
PO4 wouldn't wipe out sps like that, I 've seen way higher, are you using a dosing pump or dosing by hand, maybe temp swings. Are your corals Mariculture could be a lot of things but its usually from parameters being all over the place.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new