Sps food

  • Thread starter Thread starter mdavis735
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mdavis735

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2016
Messages
42
Reaction score
61
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have several sps frags and mini colonies in my 90 gallon. It is pretty new and didn't have many fish. Only 5 small ones and a small yellow tang. I already noticed the corals were starting to get pale. The correct colors are there, just not as intense as they should be. Nitrate and phosphate are undetectable. So I assume there aren't enough nutrients with such a small bioload. The frags are encrusting and growing well. Now I've lost all the fish except two false percs. I have them in another place doing TTM. Anyway, what would be the best thing to feed my acros and sps for the 73 remaining days of my fallow period? Knowing the nutrients were already low. Hopefully something I could find locally.
 
I feed with reefroids from polyp lab 2 times a week (one being right before tank change) and ensure to dose weekly with aquavitro fuel because it doses carbohydrate, vitamin, amino acid, and polyunsaturated fatty acid for corals with trace elements.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new