SPS for dummies?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cor4eyh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cor4eyh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2014
Messages
175
Reaction score
34
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing quite a bit of research and find many conflicting answers but generally the same information when it comes to keeping sps.

Main points for sps care

Stability
Stability
Stability

for those of you keeping successful sps colonies in nano sized tanks what’s your biggest advice?

I just got a birds nest and a pc rainbow acro and a digitata.

my tank is a fluval evo 13.5 with upgraded return pump, random flow loc line, vortech mp10, aqua marine UV sterilizer, refugium, and some lednet upgraded led’s to the hood.

an auto top off is arriving tomorrow but I’ve been doing it daily.

I water change every week 2-4 gallons.

is this enough to keep sps?

what else do you do differently from sps than lps ?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4781.MOV
    98.1 MB
I just run lots of flow, high light that I don’t mess with, All for reef is a godsend. Don’t chase nitrate and phosphate - just decide how much you want to feed and send it. Have a good clean up crew. Don’t expect things to be amazing right away and in a nano, understand that it will be a war zone for space so place things with some future thinking.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new