SPS Frag Placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamfajge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamfajge

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Location
-
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now my new SPS Monti fags are at the bottom of my tank about 20 inches under the Sunpod 2 150 watt 20000k Bulbs. How long should I keep them their? I just got these on Saturday. The Rainbow frag I see the orange and green polyps but the base is kinda brownish not blue. I am ordering a frag rack this week from Blackrockreef.com What do you guys think of placement on a rack at the side of the tank versus the rock work which the coral would be more directly under the light.
Thanks,
Adam
 
I keep all my montis fairly high under my 250 Radiums.....They will brown out w/o good lighting and flow....Higher the better has been my best experience.
 
I keep some in the middle, My sunset monti is near the top that's just because it was really the nly spot good for it to grow out. I would think you would be ok with placing them 3/4 to all the way up.
 
It is always good practice to keep newly acquired frags on the bottom of the tank to acclimate them to your lighting. The spectrum of your bulb may not be the same as that of the bulb which the coral came from. This could lead to stress and maybe bleaching. I always start corals off on the bottom for a few days then move them up to where I want them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new