SPS Frag Tiles

ApocalyptiCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
74
Reaction score
12
Location
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Well Im getting ready to move my SPS dominated reef. Ive moved my tank twice in the last three years so Im pretty good at all of the equipment part of things but want to improve my coral health during the move. Im really excited because I think Ive found a great option for my coral mounts.
I was planning on using Ceramic tile. Now I purchased this tile in Home Depot its white and in a 4 by 4 inch square. My plan was to boil the tile and prepare to mount my larger pieces to that to make the move much easier I feel this will be helpful. If anyone has any other suggestions please.

My concern I was going to boil the tiles is there any other preparations these tiles should go through before being placed in my reef?

Thank you.

Dan
 
Not sure if boiling is required. Maybe just clean them off with tap water and soak in some old salt water for a few days?
 
Using hot water is not required but does soften the glue and makes it easier to remove. I've always used hot water but still have to scrub them with a toothbrush to get the residue off. Wonder if boiling them would make it easier.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new