• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sps fs

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all do respect to seller on my part. I did not confront him on this matter before blasting on here. I bought 2 pm 2 hoto his pink one and insanity. I knew insanity was a fake, but for 200 could turn out really nice. Wasn't 2 worried about that. I ordered 2 pm cause I wanted a good chance at keeping one. I ordered hoto frag and came in doa. So when I ordered pack next day I just wanted a credit to the pack. Not for him to ship 2 hoto's. Well anyways threw them all on the rack and sold one hoto. I get the embarrassing email a couple weeks later saying my hoto is fake. So I gave them their money back. That was last week. I've since purchased real deal pm and hoto. No comparison. I just have so many corals coming. I never payed much attention to these till, I was told I sold a fake.

Needless to say, I'll pm you now and see if we can reverse any ill feelings.

Richard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I just lost all SPS due to a valve left open on my RO tank while I was away. Have bought corals from him before and I know that the SCOP was real if not it was a coral that looked just like it. Some never made it to tell others were possibly fake and some were beautiful corals. I hope this post is not taken as a defense if true but I can tell you I had some pretty corals starting to grow until I screwed up.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I cannot believe he still has forum privileges?

We have sen many times when people sell fakes on here get banned from the forums, or at the least banned from selling, yet this one remains........

JoshB94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is certainly not the thread I wanted to see after unpacking a box from Cassio this morning (I just sent you a text, corals arrived very happy looking and appropriate temp).

I'm surprised and have reservation because the sheer amount of high end coral pictures I saw and list he sent me. Why lie with that kind of collection. Plus the many previous sale posts I checked out before buying I saw nothing negative.

My pack included a HOTO, angry birds and Jaw Dropper. this was my first high end SPS pack and I'm new to the SPS game in general. I'm hoping for a positive resolution and that these corals are legit. That was a lot of money and I'd be heart broken to find out they are not what they were sold as. With that, I won't drag anyones reputation through the mud until I was absolutely certain and things weren't resolved appropriately.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is certainly not the thread I wanted to see after unpacking a box from Cassio this morning (I just sent you a text, corals arrived very happy looking and appropriate temp).

I'm surprised and have reservation because the sheer amount of high end coral pictures I saw and list he sent me. Why lie with that kind of collection. Plus the many previous sale posts I checked out before buying I saw nothing negative.

My pack included a HOTO, angry birds and Jaw Dropper. this was my first high end SPS pack and I'm new to the SPS game in general. I'm hoping for a positive resolution and that these corals are legit. That was a lot of money and I'd be heart broken to find out they are not what they were sold as. With that, I won't drag anyones reputation through the mud until I was absolutely certain and things weren't resolved appropriately.
Please post a picture of your new frags. Especially the Angry Birds. Here is what was pawned off on me as an Angry Birds. It’s not even a tenuis!

BDC8ED68-0EA0-4063-B523-C863F1CCEA45.jpeg

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Hate to tell you but all of these that you bought are probably bogus. Unless he bought full colonies to sell off of in the last year your got took. They are pretty frags and decent sizes but not the real deal. He actually sent us a pic of his mother colony and my buddy found the same picture later on another post from someone else.

JoshB94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post a picture of your new frags. Especially the Angry Birds. Here is what was pawned off on me as an Angry Birds. It’s not even a tenuis!

This is what I recieved as Angry Birds.

To follow up and finish my part in this,
I texted Cassio and we agreed on a fair partial refund at the amount back I asked for. And it was refunded promptly. These still look to be healthy pieces with potential that I will keep in my system. I am disappointed this happened to multiple buyers but it seems hes making an effort to make things right, which I respect.

I hope if any future sale posts are allowed by this seller that they are labeled appropriately and if high end named pieces, that they must come with indisputable proof of lineage and confirmed by the original owner of that piece.

Josh

20201112_140146.jpg

sabor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He just needs to name his own pieces to save himself from any more fraud. LedReefers (LR) HOTO etc. I went through alot of mess with him and would prefer not to deal with this seller anymore. If I listed some of the stuff on here, it would be comical.

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It has been a while so I can't remember the name of any of his stuff :oops:

I just saved these pictures and had it available. If I remember correctly, SCOP, RRU Orange Passion, Pikachu, Purple monster, JD. There were more, but I don't remember since they died or did not save pics.

Here is a pic of the vivid confetti and the colony pic he sent:

1605297525512.png
1605297555396.png

Last edited:

Tim340

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the coral he traded to me as a Jawdropper. This is after 6 months growth, This is not a jawdropper.

290BC7EB-2120-4074-A223-99D16A12B312.jpeg
That not the JD I have same coral I got from him over one year ready and my is more than double size of your I’m not happy with it and I stop deal with him I meet him in person couple time last year
I’m end up to buy the real JD frag just in my tank about one month

sticksreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i just saw this post, just want to comment: i bought a pack about a year ago and never said anything because i was like “they just need to color up, its my tank” never doubted they could be fake.

Now a year later this is what this “mattv rainbow” looks like:

Just my 2’cents.

Attachments

• 68A49172-14AD-4B5E-BD76-52391BCB6088.jpeg
    68A49172-14AD-4B5E-BD76-52391BCB6088.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 121

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well i just saw this post, just want to comment: i bought a pack about a year ago and never said anything because i was like “they just need to color up, its my tank” never doubted they could be fake.

Now a year later this is what this “mattv rainbow” looks like:

Just my 2’cents.
I think a lot of us have done that. Being optimistic that what we were sold was legit and “it just needs some time”. I believe that is what he counted on. Very unfortunate.

Nilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same experience,didn’t realize I bought a fake PM and RR Purple Passion. But I just chalked it up to bad luck and figured that’s the risk you take buying stuff from other hobbyist online. But that was not the reason I won’t buy from him again. I was supposed to have been sent a Cherry Bomb with the package I got but it was missing in the package. Got yelled at by him after messaging him twice for a refund and was told I was making a big deal out of $60 after not hearing from him for a couple of days. He did refund me the money but he never did apologize for the mistake. It’s like he did me a favor for letting me buy stuff from him

Thrassian Atoll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, I bought HOTO, Oregon Tort, wwc rainbow Milli, Vivids Confetti and RR Shaza back in February

Now I am wondering if they are real or not. Transaction went well. I am pretty sure they had AEFW though. I saw a ton of bite marks. Did multiple dips. He did keep calling Heart Hearth for some reason.

The rainbow milli is still tiny too and looks like a plain sunset milli to me.

Oregon Tort
D655D3EC-F911-4B4C-8229-25D5D0C5B18B.jpeg

Vivids Confetti
D425D3A1-B661-4D84-983D-157918047179.jpeg

Heart Of The Ocean - Nub thats hard to get a good photo of.
93DB8AD2-5396-4634-8D85-21D9715BCC56.jpeg

575706E7-5231-4D04-BBE5-79424C1FF9C9.jpeg

RR Shazam - Not sure what to make of this one. Doesn’t look like any of the Shazam Photos online. Maybe it will change colors later?

53AC1BED-CD8E-4FC8-BFFD-9D0B988197C0.jpeg

Here are the photos he sent me.

Pengs Heart Of The Ocean
E965CCAD-830E-4D2A-9D43-95DA2F4C984F.jpeg

Oregon Tort
0851FC43-13A8-4CED-86C6-D1AA72606B15.jpeg

Vivids Confetti
B550E009-3B5B-43CA-BEBB-493E981F85A4.jpeg

WWC Rainbow Milli
0474E2F5-2B3C-48A7-981D-4DFD58C7C5C9.jpeg

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back