Sps Help

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a terrible time keeping SPS going. I've got great equipment.
50 gallon cube
xr30 pro with t5 suppliment
Nyos skimmer
triton system for dosing

Alk is stable at 7.8 but I still see sps stop polyp extension,lose color and die. Usually within 4 weeks.

i just did an ICP test and I showed high PO4 and Phosphorus. I have no algae growth and had been trying to raise my po4. Nitrates are .4. Does that sound possible? Having hi p04 and no alage? Could that be my problem with SPS?

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the SPS world of frustration, but huge reward with success...and it will come!

So many path's to success.......check out the Coral Essential Method. I have found it very simple and massively successful. I commend you for coming here for help.....smart move!

Best of luck to you.....we all want pro-grade SPS tanks.....the big win in this hobby!

Regards,

Easy E

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates between .03-.1 is your best bet..also it is just as important to get phosphates stable as alk stability. Thru the last year my phosphates had such bad swings I was losing sps just like you are..once I stabilized my phosphates I have noticed my corals are surviving and are much happier

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back