Sps Id

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef Pets
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
10,025
Reaction score
1,428
Location
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if anyone knows what type of SPS this is? I saw a colony of this same Acro on here the other day. I have looked for the thread several times and now can not find it. I know it was the exact one because the one in the thread was identical to the colony that this frag came from.
Sorry, I dont have a picture of the colony, the colony is not mine...

IMG_6939.jpg
 
Does the colony get a green sheen? If so, it's probably the California Blue Tort, or Acropora tortuosa....That green hint to the outer polyp makes me lean toward that...

Here's mine...
IMG_0070.jpg


The green is really hard to capture....but it's there....
 
I would have to say that is it. Your colony looks very close to the colony that the frag came from. Yes, the colony that the frag came from does have a green sheen to it.
Thanks!!
By the way, nice piece.
 
I would agree it would be some variety of Acropora tortuosa, Oregan, California, Alabama, etc.
 
Mine is a strange colony, just now starting to grow vertically...it startedout a really pathetic little bitty, bleached out branch that I laid horizontally and basically just let it grow...I've broken little "limblets" off numerous times, both intentionally and by just having big hands with 5 thumbs each....I'm pretty proud of it having come from this....(the whole thing was like an inch and a third long)
P9300024.jpg
 
It looks like a Becker Tort to me, but I am a stickler for lineage....therefor wouldn't call it that unless you knew for certain.
 
I am generally a stickler for really sweet...I've seen some miserable corals with incredible lineage before...and some incredible ones of the same thing with no stated lineage....

BUT...I do also have a couple of really tight lineage pieces in my collection....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new