Sps id

  • Thread starter Thread starter blue2337
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blue2337

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2013
Messages
128
Reaction score
8
Location
CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a number of frags growing out and have two that I forgot the name/kind. Any help would be great. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 1422310537322.jpg
    1422310537322.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 1422310552180.jpg
    1422310552180.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 228
The first pic has bright red polyps & yellow overall color with a bluish base.

The second is a teal color with darker blue tips.
 
If you're looking for a show name then we would need some more info as of where you got them. Any idea where they cam from?

If you would like the species they are both pretty small still and I could only give a rough guess.

The first might be A. anthoceris.
Acropora anthocercis. Corals of the World - Photos, maps and information about corals and reefs
The second might be A. cerealis trying to grow terminal corallites as fast as it can.
Acropora cerealis. Corals of the World - Photos, maps and information about corals and reefs
 
Dont really remember where I got these. I think the second one was sold as tri colored valida but doesnt look like the ones I've seen.
The links you gave are a hood starting point. Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new