Sps id

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2012
Messages
5,828
Reaction score
1,885
Location
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoeksemai?
2eb31e46ad5daeabdb6160872cc65638.jpg
 
At a glance I was thinking hoeksemai, but I have never seen a multicolored hoeks
 
We keep him locked away. And the rest of the time, he keeps himself locked away with a sweet computer.


Not right for Hoeki; the shape and arrangment of the radials is wrong.
Maybe A. acuminata? (http://coral.aims.gov.au/factsheet.jsp?speciesCode=0007)
I can't say I blame you about Frick.

I actually saw this picture yesterday and considered it
ac596b159fab2534400ea2324caa0386.jpg

The corallites on my peice seems more rounded, but that's very close. I have been considering A. Nobilis as well. This one seems like it's not a very common piece.
 
I have been considering A. Nobilis as well.
I don't think so; "Radial corallites are of mixed sizes and shapes and are rasp-like" doesn't fit with what you've got.
 
Out of the A. acuminata it resembles equatorial western Pacific the most which would be accurate since it's an Indonesian peice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new