OP
OP
Jacek56

Jacek56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is hands down one of the best tanks I’ve seen, T5 I believe is king when it comes to SPS :) however it means nothing without skill. Hats of to you, this is an incredible tank.
Thank you.
Yes agree, T5 is king and You do not need any skills for SPS.
Few simple tips
SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!
It’s not complicated, unless you choose to make it that way.

T5 + good water turn over (at least 10+times of your tank volume, this is very important) + mechanical filtration (in my case, all water passes 12 times per hour through filter pads) + stable water parameters that’s my recipe.
How to keep stable water parameter?
Remove skimmer. In my opinion that is the second main source of imbalance in the aquarium. First one is aquarist when is dosing all sort of chemicals chasing numbers.

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.
Yes agree, T5 is king and You do not need any skills for SPS.
Few simple tips
SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!
It’s not complicated, unless you choose to make it that way.

T5 + good water turn over (at least 10+times of your tank volume, this is very important) + mechanical filtration (in my case, all water passes 12 times per hour through filter pads) + stable water parameters that’s my recipe.
How to keep stable water parameter?
Remove skimmer. In my opinion that is the second main source of imbalance in the aquarium. First one is aquarist when is dosing all sort of chemicals chasing numbers.
So run it by us one more time, you mentioned simple I noticed you remove the skimmer(s) so you have the bio pallets going and of course dosing small amounts of what you recommended anything else I'm miss . Me likie

OP
OP
Jacek56

Jacek56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it could be done without zeovit products?
Yes I do.
Only stones I use all the time. The problem is I do not replace them as per KZ manual.Last time was 3 months ago and I changed only 1ltr, rest is still in the filter. I dose vodka and vinegar, it is cheaper way getting the same results.

OP
OP
Jacek56

Jacek56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man your po4 is 0.0, your inviting a wave of raise your po4 posts by posting that one on this forum :)
Please remember that accuracy of my hanna checker is +- 0.04.
Again, if you have fish in the system, you feed them you must have PO4 even it is not detected with human methods of tests. This quantity of PO4 is enough for corals.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much vodka and how much vinegar are you dosing now? I feel this is one of the best things I have added to my tank since I started. I did switch to just vinegar when I downsized my tanks though. How do you feel about using sugar? I have heard a small amount benefits acropora.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please remember that accuracy of my hanna checker is +- 0.04.
Again, if you have fish in the system, you feed them you must have PO4 even it is not detected with human methods of tests. This quantity of PO4 is enough for corals.

Yea I get that 100 percent but good luck convincing others on here! Many are scared to have po4 under .1

OP
OP
Jacek56

Jacek56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much vodka and how much vinegar are you dosing now? I feel this is one of the best things I have added to my tank since I started. I did switch to just vinegar when I downsized my tanks though. How do you feel about using sugar? I have heard a small amount benefits acropora.
1ml of vodka per 1740 ltr
10ml of vinegar per 1740 ltr
I do not mix, I dose separate.
I have not try to dose sugar. I try to keep dosing regime as simple as possible for my wife.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1ml of vodka per 1740 ltr
10ml of vinegar per 1740 ltr
I do not mix, I dose separate.
I have not try to dose sugar. I try to keep dosing regime as simple as possible for my wife.

Wow that is a very small amount compared to what most use. What benefits do you believe your getting from such a small dose?
I love the keeping things simple approach. I really believe most tanks with issues these days have problems because of over complicating things and trying to control to much. I setup my current tank as basic as I possibly could with my approach to reefing.
Keep up the good work! Also your lucky your wife gives the tank such attention. My wife can reef with the best of them but doesn’t pay a bit of attention to my tank even when I ask her too!

OP
OP
Jacek56

Jacek56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, New Year new photos :)

_IGP3193.jpg _IGP3197.jpg _IGP3198.jpg _IGP3199.jpg _IGP3209.jpg

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if i could do this in a bare bottom tank?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back