SPS light depth on shallow QT

  • Thread starter Thread starter KingTriton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KingTriton

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2015
Messages
311
Reaction score
126
Location
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Ive set up a SPS quarantine tank out of a 20 long. I purchase a 30'' aquatic life t5 fixture (see link below).
The fixture only comes with legs which ultimately limits the mobility in raising the fixture. Will this fixture be too much light for my 12'' height SPS quarantine. I just don't want my SPS to bleach. I plan on using egg crates for light acclimation. Thx

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251493292913?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
 
It's not to much light. I have a 45 gallon frag frank that is 12" as well, and on the bottom of the tank I'm getting 250 par dead center under the light and 125 or so front and back.

I'm actually getting rid of the light after the holidays and getting another Sunpower.

As FYI, running two blue plus, color plus and purple plus.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new