SPS-lose color.

  • Thread starter Thread starter X.M.Chen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Water peramiters?
When my lose color it is normally high po4 and or no3. Recently all my coral looked good but last 2 weeks my bonsai acro turned brown. My phosphates are .4 I'm sure when I start gfo it will color uo
 
Water peramiters?
When my lose color it is normally high po4 and or no3. Recently all my coral looked good but last 2 weeks my bonsai acro turned brown. My phosphates are .4 I'm sure when I start gfo it will color uo
I'm new to the reef. So I'm still learning. I have not start dosing yet. So my Calcium Alk Meg are all below the level. I do have a dosing plump and 2 part from BRS ready. But just don't have time to set it up. Hope everything goes well after everything is in level.
 
My SPS coral lose color? What should I do?

if they are browning. too much nutrient and too little light.

if they are paling too little nutrient and too much light.

i dont personally attribute color to the big 3. (alk, calcium, mag)

my .02
 
Also just because your not dosing dose not mean your levels are below normal. In almost 5 years of having some sps but mostly lps. This is the first year I have had to start dosing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new