SPS pests or STN

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try bleach them since you were throwing anyways !
Blech is so invasive no?
I would dip and QT if you can. Then you do multiple dips over couppenof weeks till you break the cycle of the fw
Get some wrasses some of which pick on the flatworm eggs.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works. Guaranteed. Yes, you have to wait out the life cycle. Wrasses and other natural control methods cannot get into colonies and stuff so they are not effective in tanks for the most part.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In stronger doses it appears to keep the worms from being able to lay eggs. It interrupts the life cycle. After a few weeks, the corals do look healthier probably because of the claim on the bottle (more slime), but after a while, new eggs never appear and you only find adult worms. They appear to live out their days childless and in the end, they die without being able to leave the next generation behind to wreak havoc.

When Matt was still at Boom corals, he inherited a bunch of infested colonies, set up a tank and used 4x to 8x doses and this appeared to speed up the process, but he never saw any new eggs either and the larger AEFW appeared to die faster.

Is it best used in conjunction with coral booster or stand alone is sufficient? I don’t have aefw, but god forbid...

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
To find them u want to look more into creveses of the coral also really hard basting will lossen them up once u find one u will know what to look for they end up just flying off when u baste hard. But the key it to look into creveses and red dots are the eggs

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am no expert but these were possibly some that I might of found but they kind of look like that when on corals if was me I'd baste those places I circled and see if they fly off
20190629_143702.jpeg
20190629_143647.jpeg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see the bites too. If you have bites, then the worms don't matter... you are infested.

I never used the Coral Booster, just the Flatworm Stop. It worked just fine alone.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see the bites too. If you have bites, then the worms don't matter... you are infested.

I never used the Coral Booster, just the Flatworm Stop. It worked just fine alone.

Thanks for that. I hope I’ll never deal with them (can’t foresee me ever having them because I don’t plan on adding anything anymore) but good to know they’re not as horrible as they once were thought to be.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back