SPS placement

Polyp Addict

Got Polyps?
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
320
Reaction score
33
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be adding SPS soon to my tank and would like feedback on placement. I see tons of photos and they're really close to each other, some look to even touch. I'm just confused because for the most part I thought that SPS would sting each other causing damage to that branch. Any insight would help because I'd love to put as much SPS together as I can but don't want any coral battles
 
I use a LOT of carbon due to this fact. Some battle and some dont.
 
Well a person has to allow for grow out of the coral so initial placement is thought out.
There are adverse reactions within the tank that will be an identifier of toxin battles.
Some will live together and some wont.
 
I always wondered about that too, if the SPS is the same species for example... 2 tenius species but completely different colors will these 2 fight for space?
 
I always wondered about that too, if the SPS is the same species for example... 2 tenius species but completely different colors will these 2 fight for space?
Typically typically speaking like species will get along and grow fine into one another without warfare.
 
Same species of corals do not compete for space. They will, however, grow into (blend) or over each other. Different species sometimes coexist when touching; others will damage other corals in close proximity.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new