SPS Recession - Should I frag it?

Turd Ferguson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2019
Messages
97
Reaction score
42
Location
Oakville, On
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral has signs of receding at the base. Polyps do come out (not shown in this pic), I'm wondering because of the condition of it's base, should I frag it saving the upper portions?

Thanks,

IMG_5083.jpg
 
I wouldn't worry too much. Watch it to see if it progresses. Or, if you want, frag it and glue several pieces to a larger plug or small rock and let them grow out into a larger piece. The Anacroporas (what this is) I've kept don't base out much. Also like lower light for an SPS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new