SPS Rescue - ID Help needed

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these as rescue from a tank sale. My bud bought a fully stocked tank to use as a fish only tank and called me in to recuse the coral.

I got a number of pieces but the 4 large SPS colonies have me a bit stumped.

Photos 1 & 2 are fairly similar in colour but different branching. Photos 3&4 some sort of stag maybe? Photo 5 os a really nice piece - bright green with neon blue tips. Photo 6 has bright green polyps. IMG_5446.jpeg IMG_5447.jpeg IMG_5442.jpeg IMG_5429.jpeg IMG_5295.jpeg IMG_5415.jpeg

Any ID help would be appreciated. I’m assuming they might not have fancy trade names. Even just knowing the generally type of SPS would really help.

Thanks in advance.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I got these as rescue from a tank sale. My bud bought a fully stocked tank to use as a fish only tank and called me in to recuse the coral.

I got a number of pieces but the 4 large SPS colonies have me a bit stumped.

Photos 1 & 2 are fairly similar in colour but different branching. Photos 3&4 some sort of stag maybe? Photo 5 os a really nice piece - bright green with neon blue tips. Photo 6 has bright green polyps. IMG_5446.jpeg IMG_5447.jpeg IMG_5442.jpeg IMG_5429.jpeg IMG_5295.jpeg IMG_5415.jpeg

Any ID help would be appreciated. I’m assuming they might not have fancy trade names. Even just knowing the generally type of SPS would really help.

Thanks in advance.
Hard to tell from the photos, but the first two photos maybe an Oregon tort. Check it in white light, they are very blue. Third photo an ice fire echinata? As for the last one looks like a candlelight acro, I'm not sure.

OP
OP
Kactai

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the photos, but the first two photos maybe an Oregon tort. Check it in white light, they are very blue. Third photo an ice fire echinata? As for the last one looks like a candlelight acro, I'm not sure.
Thanks for taking a stab at it! Much appreciated. Phone photos aren’t that great! I’ve seen people take great pics with phones but I can’t seem to get the hang of it. I’ve got my AI hydra HDs put on 14k lighting for most of those…..

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for taking a stab at it! Much appreciated. Phone photos aren’t that great! I’ve seen people take great pics with phones but I can’t seem to get the hang of it. I’ve got my AI hydra HDs put on 14k lighting for most of those…..
The pics are a lot better than what I've seen from others who leave the deep blue without trying to compensate for it at least a little. I imagine you used flash?
Sorry I can't help much with SPS ID beyond genus name.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not Oregon Tort, but nice pieces. Can you get some closer pics so we can see the structure better? Color really doesn't matter much except on different morphs of the same species and that varies from tank to tank. This one looks like it could be A. Striata.
1685979638731.png

OP
OP
Kactai

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not Oregon Tort, but nice pieces. Can you get some closer pics so we can see the structure better? Color really doesn't matter much except on different morphs of the same species and that varies from tank to tank. This one looks like it could be A. Striata.

Here are a few closer up photos. I’m still not sure if colonies 1 & 2 from above are the same.

Photos 1 to 4 are from colony 2 above
Photo 5 is from colony 1 above
Photo 6 is from the colony in the 6th photo above
Photo 7 is from colony 4 above

IMG_5279.jpeg
IMG_5213.jpeg IMG_5192.jpeg IMG_5192.jpeg IMG_5193.jpeg IMG_5191.jpeg
IMG_5430.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back