Sps Rock work

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef fish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reef fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
2,316
Reaction score
177
Location
MIAMI,FL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sps Rock work
am almost with build to be able to add water i want to see some example of sps reef aquascape anyone tank is 48x30x18 want an open aquascape
 
a433379a77b7ec789dc0ebcc989a54a3.jpg
1a2d40d1ca0a187deacd46d17636d201.jpg
1194ecd03d58a18e209210479ff44fea.jpg
4205fc30c30ff8a8041abd52eb6990cd.jpg
this reef is just a baby but I tried to balance keeping it open for flow and the fish and trying to have real estate for frags [emoji3]
 
Last edited:
If you are going SPS then keep it simple and scape "in your mind" based on how the corals grow. Some of the most amazing rockscapes look goofy once corals grow out and a tight simple pile of rocks can look breathtaking with a few choice colonies on it. My opinion of course;)
 
I kept it relatively simple with 2 islands for my 187g tank (60"L x 30"W x 24"T).

Full-tank-pic-july-23-2015-pic-5.jpg
Nice scape. this is what I was talking about. This with grown out colonies on top will look phenomenal. All those fancy bonsai scapes, not so much.
 
a433379a77b7ec789dc0ebcc989a54a3.jpg
1a2d40d1ca0a187deacd46d17636d201.jpg
1194ecd03d58a18e209210479ff44fea.jpg
4205fc30c30ff8a8041abd52eb6990cd.jpg
this reef is just a baby but I tried to balance keeping it open for flow and the fish and trying to have real estate for frags [emoji3]
That is awesome rock work. How did you attach the rocks and build that shelf in the middle?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new