Sps spawned any advice .

  • Thread starter Thread starter sailfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I believe Eric Bornman was collecting spawning reports for research. If you contact him with information about your tank and pictures he might be able to use it and help you as well.

Personally I think this is a great thing. Sexual coral propagation is the next step in self sustaining hobby. I had Pocillapora and seritapora spawn a number of times. I did nothing for it and was not ready. Only once I saw it happen and did a large waterchange and chemical filter media change. Still some of them settled and grew up. I have a 3-4" frag that I saved for myself that was littrally born in my tank. I also scraped hungreds of the glass, rocks and equipment.
 
this is awesome, after seein SPS spawn on seas of life a while back i think it is a good thing that your corals are happy and healthy enough to do that, either way it turns out for you good luck and hope you have a bunch of SPS pieces to give away lol.
 
I did not save any eggs just did not think about it really maybe if it happens again.

I will try to contact Eric and see what insight he may give.

I do have an large elegance coral, prism favai and a large Acan hillae but most of the tank is sps so I just assume it was them from the sheer number of eggs. Guess I will never know.

The tank seems fine so hopefully there will be no bad side effects.

Thanks Joe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new