SPS Species Guide / Reference

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,460
Reaction score
1,480
Location
Cary, NC
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone have a link or list of the species ID of many of the popular trade names acros in the hobby? I'm not asking for a general identification reference guide, I'm looking for ORA red plant is A. xxxxx, GARF Bonsai is A. xxxxx, Vivid's Insanity is A. xxxxx, etc.
 
Does anyone have a link or list of the species ID of many of the popular trade names acros in the hobby? I'm not asking for a general identification reference guide, I'm looking for ORA red plant is A. xxxxx, GARF Bonsai is A. xxxxx, Vivid's Insanity is A. xxxxx, etc.
That is an interesting question; I certainly wish there was such a guide.

There was a regular guy around here that managed systems for WWC and his knowledge of acropora species was encyclopedic. I have all three of the Veron volumes, and his specie ID really checked out. When I remember his username I will update this post.
 
Just Google Holy Grail Jawbreaker, Pantie Dropper, $$$$$ and all the SPS coral names should show up for you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new