SPS Tissue Excretion Tissue When Feeding

Jimmy James

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
West Sussex
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
This happens to some of my sps when I feed the tank. I turn the return pump off for 10 minutes and feed Red Sea reef energy plus and a mix of brine shrimp and lobster eggs. When the pump comes on this happens to the corals. Is it a feeding mechanism and is it ok. It’s not the polyps extending but some excretion from the tissue.
03CC5BD1-60BD-4702-8067-1171AC22E450.jpeg
 
Those are mesenterial filaments. If they only come out when you feed that's a good sign. It can be either a feeding response (as in this case) or a sign that the coral is irritated which is not a good sign. Keep up the good work!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new