SPS white spots and edges

  • Thread starter Thread starter timtag
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

timtag

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m new to the hobby and recently got these 2 corals about a week and half ago and was wondering what the white spots are on the red coral and the white edges on the green one. I recently moved the red coral lower in the tank but not sure what those spots/edges are? Has anyone else seen before or is it a lighting or placement issue? Currently 2 clowns in the tank with clean up crew. Other soft coral are doing good.

IMG_4557.jpeg IMG_4558.jpeg
 
Hello, I’m new to the hobby and recently got these 2 corals about a week and half ago and was wondering what the white spots are on the red coral and the white edges on the green one. I recently moved the red coral lower in the tank but not sure what those spots/edges are? Has anyone else seen before or is it a lighting or placement issue? Currently 2 clowns in the tank with clean up crew. Other soft coral are doing good.

IMG_4557.jpeg IMG_4558.jpeg
Looks like growth, all good!
 
Upvote 0
New growth is what you are seeing.
What is the red coral?
I love the potato chip Pavona.
Here is mine.
20251025_170534.jpg
Nice! What is the growth rate like on your potato chip? The red one I believe is a montipora.
 
Upvote 0
Nice! What is the growth rate like on your potato chip? The red one I believe is a montipora.
Quite fast if your system is stable.
This is a piece in my 15. 4 months growth. System is 7 months.
20250515_123637.jpg
20250817_131428.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Quite fast if your system is stable.
This is a piece in my 15. 4 months growth. System is 7 months.
20250515_123637.jpg
20250817_131428.jpg
Wow it looks like all your coral grew fast is that same orange coral in both pictures?
 
Upvote 0
Wow it looks like all your coral grew fast is that same orange coral in both pictures?
Yes same spiral monti
I used 15lbs live rock and tank is 8 months old.
March 7th
Today @ 8 months
20250307_133622.jpg
20251103_190320.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice! Are putting anything extra in your tank for corals?
 
Upvote 0
Nice! Are putting anything extra in your tank for corals?
I just feed the 2 fish 4-5 times a day.
2 Tbs rox.
Floss
Esv 2 part
Drs ez trace in ato.
2 gal wc once a month
 
Upvote 0

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new