SPSKeeper's 2.5g Nudibranch tank!!

SPSkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I had a 2.5 gallon tank, empty, sitting for months and months and was not really sure what to do with it. Opportunity arose and got some soft coral eating nudibranchs!! These guys are so incredibly cool to watch, they seem to be really hardy and already laid eggs in several spots! Here's some pics, hope ya enjoy :)

P9170001.jpg
P9170003 (2).jpg
P9170012.jpg
P9170016.jpg
P9170018.jpg

OP
OP
SPSkeeper

SPSkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool!

Thanks!!! :)

Are those burghias?

No, and I am not sure what species they really are to be honest but they are soft oral(kenya trees/ other brown branching ones). All I have to do is take a branch or two off a softie in the main display every 2 weeks and let them eat it, then they go all crazy and start laying eggs lol. Got them and the softie for such a steal I could not pass it up. They are so cool to watch!! I've got a couple "time laps" pics from one ascending up towards a rock, really neat to watch. Took him a while but he got up there lol, when I get time I will try and post those up.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are neat looking. I would never have thought to setup a species only tank for them.

GratefulReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats really cool, ive always like nudis they just look amazing. i would love to see those lapse pics of feeding time

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if you ever find out they eat Blue Clove Polyps!

LOL that would be PERFECT for your tank!

SPSKeeper, this tank is AWESOME! Where'd you find these guys and how did you know they eat soft coral? Do they eat any other type of coral, aiptasia or majano?

Would love to see them in action eating something...

thanks for sharing, great species tank.

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome idea for a tank!! I told my husband I wanted one!! :D

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say, you are far kinder than I am...

I had one of those on a Toadstool and thought it was just a "bad spot" that wouldn't heal until I saw it move. It now resides in the local sanitary sewer system.

OP
OP
SPSkeeper

SPSkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys!!!!!!! :) :) :)

They are so cool to watch roaming around the tank looking for food!! Next time I feed them I will try to remember to get pics but it's not very exhilarating, they just sit on the pieces and eat them, not much movement. Kinda like watching an actual slug crawl on the sidewalk lol. But I will try and remember! Anybody interested in actually keeping these guys could try and find a local reefer doing actual wholesale that gets stuff strait out of the ocean(that's how I got them on the softie) and grab up a nano with low flow and get some softies and throw in a few branches every other week depending on how many you have. The eggs seemed to "hatch" but I cannot see any babies yet(still keeping hopes up that some day will see a tiny baby crawl across the glass). Thanks for the great respnces!! Keeps my mood up and appreciate others enjoying something else that is kind of unique :)

Been kinda busy lately, hopefully going up to green bay and grabbing a 1990 VW Corrado g60 supercharged to do a father son restoration with my dad and don't have the time that I would like right now to get better pics and mess around with the camera. Just for fun here is a pic of her, motor/tranny/cluth everything needs to be gone through but my dad has owned two of them and worked on a few others and LOVED them, they are quick little beauties. It has an automatic spoiler that comes up when you reach a certain speed to stabalize the car and also for better traction control. if the deal goes down good and the guy is good on his word we might have this very soon and pictures will come in the off topic thread if and when we grab this gem. Really hope we do cause this will be my first car and my dad wants to make sure I have something unique, quick, and not a lot of people around do :car: (lol @ new smilies, nice touch rev!)

5Lf5E55W43Ee3Gd3L9c9i578b22deb3271d24.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPSkeeper

SPSkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe that's what so many people say! Thanks!

In regards to what they eat, the rock in there has a really beatiful majano, tons of aiptasia and pseudocorynactis anemone's with some sponges and they do not touch any of them. Only the sot coral(not sure what type, but kind of like a finger leather or kenya tree). I think he had some that were eating blue sympodium(those were just beautiful!!) so not sure about blue cloves unfortunately. Any other questions feel free to ask and will try my best to answer them although I am new to these guys so really don't know a whole lot yet, just a cool little endever to try out.

OP
OP
SPSkeeper

SPSkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome idea for a tank!! I told my husband I wanted one!! :D

YES!! You gotta try these guys out. Get Rev to find a local guy doing wholesale or something and some softies(depending on which ones you get) and try it out. You really don't need a whole lot of money to keep these guys. I don't Think I've done 2 water changes since getting them a while ago and they don't really care lol. Just a a K nano running in there for circulation with some LR and that's it.

I was thinking of putting black sand in there, any thoughts or advice on that guys? Yay or nay? Might be kinda cool..

OP
OP
SPSkeeper

SPSkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This site is really messing up. Can't edit anything nor spell check anything. Disregard the above post unless a mod can delete it that would be nice, don't know what is going on here. Is anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back