spsreefer's 84 Gal A.G.E. Peninsula Build w/ Pics

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. beautiful tank. was thinking of getting a new tank also. and a peninsula was in my mind. could you PM me what you paid if you don't mind?

OP
OP
S

spsreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be putting mine over a 40breeder that i'm setting up. It will be a LPS tank, but i'm planning on hanging it about a foot above the water. From what I understand it will work well for SPS too. There's a bunch of people that just ordered the same unit so I'm sure there will be lots of feedback over the next couple of weeks. As far as coverage goes.... you would probably need 2 units since you're doing a SPS tank, but it depends on how you're aquascaping :)

I'd be interested in reading the feedback on this light. I'm hoping that the Evolution's LEDs provide the right spectrum to bring out the colors in sps, since many people using LED fixtures have noticed pale colors in their corals (assuming that they acclimated them to the new lighting and have good water quality).

im planning on putting the tank between my "foyer" and living area since its one large great room and wanted a little division but still keep that open feel
so i was thinking somewhere around a 180g to 250g or 6-8' but there are sooo many things going through my mind in how i want to run this
i was also thinking of an extremely shallow reef, like a 8x2x1 so you can look over it instead of through it but again just ideas right now
all i know is its going to be very minimalistic (if thats a word)
not even sure on lighting either as im trying to cut costs in electricity too

lol, I went through the same thing before ordering my tank. What really helped me was making drawings of the tank and stand. I had an easier time deciding what worked for my area. BTW, I like tanks that are clean & simple too.

Pretty much what i am running on my 65. I have the sunpower with three ATI blue+, one fiji purple, one UVL SA, and one aquablue special. I also have one 36" blue reefbrite LED strip. I just set the tank up last saturday so I'm not sure how my sps will fare under this lighting. I've been running halides for years and this lighting seems a little dim to me but i need to get a PAR meter from one of the club members and see how the numbers are.

I can't wait to see how this all turns out for you. I love the tank dimensions.

Oh you went with a bluer look. How high is your tank and lights? If you can post your PAR readings that would be great. I think your sps will color up nicely under the sunpower.

Very cool. beautiful tank. was thinking of getting a new tank also. and a peninsula was in my mind. could you PM me what you paid if you don't mind?

Sure, I'll pm you the price

Last edited:

bitterboy2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I told you the wait was going to be worth it, once the crate lid was pulled off.....Looks great

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back