Squeeze tube on dosingpump

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kmst80
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kmst80

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2021
Messages
995
Reaction score
1,218
Location
Ipswich, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have got a 5 head aquamedic dosing pump. Originally I only used to dose Alk,Cal and Mag and those 3 pumps only run a few seconds each hour. Been dosing Phyto and Kalkwasser in the other two now for a while and they run over a minute each hour to dose. Problem is the squeeze tube keep breaking, I changed 3 of the dosing pumps in half a year( one twice already). Pumps are shaft driven.
Anyone has the same problem? Is it the cheap squeeze tube? Any other affordable pumps with a different delivery system out there?
 
I have a reefdose 2 and have yet to replace the hose after 3 years of use. I have no idea how long it runs each cycle but I've used it for 2 part, AFR and phyto. Sounds like your hose may be poor quality. I had a brs 50 mlm dosing pump that dosed 7 liters of kalk every 24 hours for 6 years with the original hose.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new