Stable water param yet fishes not doing well.. pls help?

OP
OP
Singspot

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you can return some (most) of the fish you will be much better off. I've found much more success in adding one or two small fish every month or two. I know this means giving up fish you may have become attached to, but you and the fish will be happier in the long run. And I'm speaking from experience - if you check out my build thread, I experienced two outbreaks of velvet in my first 6 months of starting a new tank.

I also struggled with quarantine until I started to think of it as essential a mini tank. I now maintain separate copper contaminated live rock and bio media on hand (in a bucket with a power head and heater) so I can setup a QT or hospital tank at a moments notice.

I know that this is all a lot to take in at once and not what you want to hear, but please learn from our mistakes.

- LBR
I am doing this as well now ...

Finally only 3 survived (Pinkface, Butterfly and the Rabbit) ... now I have an actively maintained QT with similar approach as you shared ....

What is your QT regimen? Day by day what medicine do you put in when in your QT and when do you put the fishes back in main tank?

OP
OP
Singspot

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you can return some (most) of the fish you will be much better off. I've found much more success in adding one or two small fish every month or two. I know this means giving up fish you may have become attached to, but you and the fish will be happier in the long run. And I'm speaking from experience - if you check out my build thread, I experienced two outbreaks of velvet in my first 6 months of starting a new tank.

I also struggled with quarantine until I started to think of it as essential a mini tank. I now maintain separate copper contaminated live rock and bio media on hand (in a bucket with a power head and heater) so I can setup a QT or hospital tank at a moments notice.

I know that this is all a lot to take in at once and not what you want to hear, but please learn from our mistakes.

- LBR
Thanks LBR, can u share the buildmthread URL?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back