Stand for a 100 Gallon tank

reefking807

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2013
Messages
109
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to know that the best way to build a stand for my 100 Gallon tank. I'm gonna go to be putting in a dry box area that way my plugs and equipment isn't exposed to water. But I want to know the best way to build the frame. 1x4 or 240 I'm going to be putting oak exterior. With 4doors. Please show your thoughts or any plans.
 
You really don't need any 2x4 material. 3/4" oak plywood is more than up for the task. Oak 3/4" x 2 1/4" hardwood for the Face frame, all glued and screwed, and you'll be plenty strong enough. Seal it up, and finish, easy as that. J
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new