standard RO membrane housing

Which output on this membrane housing is the product water output?

ReeferBee nailed it. :)

It looks a little something like this:

200415-brs-4-stagevalue-c.jpg
 
ReeferBee nailed it. :)

It looks a little something like this:

200415-brs-4-stagevalue-c.jpg
How should it be for a dual membrane setup? I took mine all apart and not sure if I have it right now. I'm getting 0tds out of it so I'm assuming I have it right.
 
Unit is about 5-6 years old so I think I have your old style flush kit installed on ot
 
How should it be for a dual membrane setup? I took mine all apart and not sure if I have it right now. I'm getting 0tds out of it so I'm assuming I have it right.

Unit is about 5-6 years old so I think I have your old style flush kit installed on ot

Ok, cool. I would check out this video here. It's a step by step on installing the second membrane :)

 
Ahhh, bummer. Yeah that is a little too high for the dual system. Do you have a water softener? If so and you aren't running your RODI downstream from it I would recommend doing so :) That might get you down to where you need to be for a dual membrane setup.
 
I know right. I do have a water softer but it jus started leaking from the head recently so I picked up a refurbished one. B4 it started leaking the previous owner never put salt in it so I'm hoping it's been leaching and when I replace it my tds will drop. What's the tds range that's considered ok for dual membrane? Been while so I don't recall. Thanks!
 
I know right. I do have a water softer but it jus started leaking from the head recently so I picked up a refurbished one. B4 it started leaking the previous owner never put salt in it so I'm hoping it's been leaching and when I replace it my tds will drop. What's the tds range that's considered ok for dual membrane? Been while so I don't recall. Thanks!

We recommend running them below 300 TDS. There's no real harm in using a dual setup past 300 TDS, but you'll start to burn through your DI resin pretty quick.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new