OP
stanleo

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the powerheads and the light on the Apex so I can have the entire system on it in case of blackouts. If the power goes out, I have it set up so it will only run the powerheads on the battery backup. And it works because the power hiccupped for fifteen minutes the other day and everything worked like it is supposed to. So far, I am in love with this thing. I even have it setup so I can do most things with voice commands through Alexa.

I forgot to mention that a couple months ago I changed the light on the refugium to a 100$ grow light from Lowe's and the results are amazing. My chaeto grows like crazy and the dinos are all gone. I was having a big outbreak of them but three days after changing the light, they are gone. And with the Apex I learned that I was having a pH swing at night because I was running the fuge light at the same time as the DT. I changed it to run only when the DT lights are off and no more big swings!

I also started testing and dosing potassium and iodine. It has only been a week so not much noticeable difference but time will tell. I am doing cause those were only two numbers I was low on according to ICP test I had done.

sump 4.3.21.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back