Star id please- at store now

  • Thread starter Thread starter DracoKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok at a lfs- what star is this?

IMG_8770.JPG
 
Employee says it's "orange star" but it doesn't tell me much. Doesn't quite seem like a linkia star either. She discounted it to $14 so I decided to get it
 
Last edited:
Now that I finally got to sit and search more, I am more confident it's an orange linckia. Doesn't quite look like Echinaster luzonicus
 
oi. Now I am so confused! lol.

I'll keep an eye on it.. if it does damage, I'll banish him to my sump or return him to the store
 
Some sites say luzons are reef safe, some says they may eat small inverts. Not a whole lot of info on them out there.

anyone have experience with them?
 
Sorry, I won't be much help here. Looks like a linkia to me.
 
They're often sold as orange linckias, but are actually echinaster luzonicus as 3mm3 noted. Some online retailers even sell/list them interchangeably as "Linckia/Luzon". They are considered reef safe, but are still omnivores.
 
They're often sold as orange linckias, but are actually echinaster luzonicus as 3mm3 noted. Some online retailers even sell/list them interchangeably as "Linckia/Luzon". They are considered reef safe, but are still omnivores.

Thank you :) should I offer pieces of silversides when I feed my nems? Would it take it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new