Starfish eating shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nate G
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nate G

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2015
Messages
80
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was curious if anyone has or has had a Harlequin Shrimp? I am think of getting one and I wanted to know what kind of results people are having with them. Also, I have a Tuxedo Urchin and he keep stealing my Zoas and wearing them like a hat. He has about 3 of them on him now and I want them back. Any tips?
 
I have a harlequin shrimp. Did wonders to my Astraea star infestation. I now fees it chocolate star fish once a month because he only eats live star fish
 
I had a single harlequin shrimp in my 55g about a year ago. It only took him a few months to eat ~ 1000 asterina stars. Once his job was done I passed him on to a fellow reefer in need :D As far as the tuxedo urchin goes, they will pick up anything that isn't glued down!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new