Starfish I’d

BrightReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
43
Reaction score
27
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260906_121842_572A160F-3800-422E-A1D4-B53EAF8C9165.png
Would this be the right kind of species of star to keep around. I added more coral on Monday, noticed this guy today.
 
I assume that's some kind of Aquilonastra or Asterina. These are very common in reef tanks. Species level identification is not possible from simple photos and even distinguishing the two mentioned genera requires a good microscope.

If you are planning on keeping Zoanthids I would remove it. They spread fast and some of them can eat Zoanthid polyps. Otherwise they are harmless.
 
I assume that's some kind of Aquilonastra or Asterina. These are very common in reef tanks. Species level identification is not possible from simple photos and even distinguishing the two mentioned genera requires a good microscope.

If you are planning on keeping Zoanthids I would remove it. They spread fast and some of them can eat Zoanthid polyps. Otherwise they are harmless.
Thank you!
Removed, as I have 3 types of zoas.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new