Starfish question

  • Thread starter Thread starter rp2763
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rp2763

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2022
Messages
41
Reaction score
11
Location
11787
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this serpent star 2 days ago. I didn't realize this I got home that he's body is completely white. I honestly have never seen one like this. It's acting completely normal.

It's small, body is about the size of a dime. Can someone identify this star for me?

Thank you

20231016_173914.jpg
 
Is it upside down? Banded starfish can come in a wide variety of colors and patterns. Usually the center is darker or has the same camoflage pattern though.
It definitely isn't upside down. I've just never seen a solid white body like that. Thanks for the reply
 
Upvote 0
I purchased this serpent star 2 days ago. I didn't realize this I got home that he's body is completely white. I honestly have never seen one like this. It's acting completely normal.

It's small, body is about the size of a dime. Can someone identify this star for me?

Thank you

20231016_173914.jpg
Coincidentally, I was recently looking through threads on sick red serpent stars (Ophioderma squamosissimum) with white disk discoloration and it seems as though feeding meaty seafood might help with this condition, assuming your serpent star is even sick at all.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new