Starry Blenny bullying new flame hawkfish

tbasinger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a 40 gallon mixed reef tank that has a clown, engineer goby, waspfish, mandarin goby and a Starry Blenny. Everyone was getting along great. I saw a flame hawkfish and I had to get it. Since adding him to the tank my blenny has been harassing him, nothing too dramatic just pecking at him like once every half hour. I love them both and would hate to re-home one of them but I don’t want either to get too stressed out. Will they acclimate to one another?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My starry blennies have always been hit and miss, and in speaking with those who've owned them they can lean more towards the "jerk" side of the fish spectrum. Flame hawkfish are fairly chill by comparison. If you want a fairly relaxed blenny consider a lawnmower (they will get along great with a flame hawkfish).

snackpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My starry blennies have always been hit and miss, and in speaking with those who've owned them they can lean more towards the "jerk" side of the fish spectrum. Flame hawkfish are fairly chill by comparison. If you want a fairly relaxed blenny consider a lawnmower (they will get along great with a flame hawkfish).
And in contrast to this, my lawnmower that I had back in ~2010 was a raging ******* lol

Honestly I think fish are a lot like people and every other animal... Some are great and some suck.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And in contrast to this, my lawnmower that I had back in ~2010 was a raging ******* lol

Honestly I think fish are a lot like people and every other animal... Some are great and some suck.
And then the fight started... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Darned blennies!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back