Starry Blenny won't eat

HOOPDEEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently qt'd a combtooth blenny and had the same issue. I was able to get it to eat by pressing a spirulina flake food (OSI) into a sponge filter and the blenny chowed down. This mimics its natural feeding behavior. When it moved to the DT I had the same problem, but couldn't stick flakes anywhere That the flow did not sweep them away. I found a product called masstick that you mix up into a paste and it will stick to tank surfaces. I mixed some of the OSI food with it and it has worked great. The blenny did not eat a thing in the DT til I started the masstick(DT is new and pretty barren) I mix some up keep it in a jar in the fridge and feed the blenny by wiping a dab of it on my cleaner magnet. The fatty is waiting for breakfast right now lol!

IMG_0809.JPG

U

User1

View Badges
I had a similar issue with my lawnmower blenny. Wouldn't eat. I even left a pane of glass full of algae for him/her. No dice. I tried brine, mysis, blood worms, etc. Just wasn't interested. Only dry food I had was pellet something or other. Tried that, no dice. Went to the LFS on a whim and picked up some flake. That was all it took. He or she went bat crazy over the stuff and proceeded to eat every last piece floating around.

Now it eats everything along with the other fish. It took about a week but the flake food for me did the trick. Your mileage may vary of course. Good luck - I love those fish. Going to get one for my 240 that I'm setting up.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue with my lawnmower blenny. Wouldn't eat. I even left a pane of glass full of algae for him/her. No dice. I tried brine, mysis, blood worms, etc. Just wasn't interested. Only dry food I had was pellet something or other. Tried that, no dice. Went to the LFS on a whim and picked up some flake. That was all it took. He or she went bat crazy over the stuff and proceeded to eat every last piece floating around.

Now it eats everything along with the other fish. It took about a week but the flake food for me did the trick. Your mileage may vary of course. Good luck - I love those fish. Going to get one for my 240 that I'm setting up.
Thank you very much. I tried flake cyclops but no go. I just had some in my fish stuff. He must be eating some pellets when I am not around. I will try flakes. you are the second one to say that.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back