• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Starting an E-Commere Store Help

codyj1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I've been in the aquarium hobby ever since I was about 12 years old. Last year, I set up my first reef tank, and it absolutely changed the game for me. Saltwater is much more interesting than Freshwater. At first, I did notice how stressful , expensive, and hard it seemed to start ( reading for hours on how to get started) . I noticed after I got started, that it actually wasn't that difficult. Which leads me into my idea and post here. I recently graduated college, with a degree in marketing, and I have always wanted to have my own fish store, but through much research have found it can be quite costly to start a brick and mortar store, and with everything going online they are sadly fizzling out quite a bit. My idea, which I am in the process of starting, is a web store , Simply Saltwater, which has everything a reefer needs to get started in the hobby, as well as a very lengthy Getting Started section which basically will guide a new hobbyist into what they need, why they need it, and guide them into making choices that will sustain a healthy ecosystem for years. The problem I have ran into is I am using the order fulfilment of Drop shipping, and have yet to find USA wholesalers who openly support this, and do not exactly know where to even get started. I found a site called lowcostaquarium.com, but it is a China based site , with only a few reputable brands. I would like my site to include only reputable brands, brand names, and products that I know are really good long term. I reached out to Fluval and they said they only dealt with brick and mortar stores, no E-commerce sites. I would love to have name brands such as Red Sea, Waterbox, Fluval, Brightwell Aquatics, Instant Ocean, and other big brands like this. If anyone has any advice or help , it would be greatly appreciated, as I would really love to get this off the ground, but need to find good, reputable suppliers that are willing to drop ship items

Screenshot (37).png Screenshot (38).png

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back