Starting an sps tank need help on lights !

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alan600
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alan600

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
275
Reaction score
7
Location
Las Vegas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting a sps tank I need some Advice . I'm running a 4 bulb t5 . I would like to know what are good bulbs to use or a good combo ? I have ati 2 bule plus and 2 coral plus is that a good setup ?
 
I run coral plus and blue plus on my tank and mine look amazing...no purple or actinics needed in my opinion...
 
I would do 2 blue+, a purple plus and a coral+.

Although if you like a bluer tank the 3 blue+ and a coral+ would work as well.

As far as how long to run them, I would go 8-10 hours a day. What size tank do you have the 4 bulb fixture over? If it is more than 12" deep (front to back) I would consider going to a 6 bulb fixture. Good luck with the journey into the SPS addiction.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new