Starting Back Up

gudar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day I was in Burmuda Triangle getting light bulbs for my dart frog vivarium, and I ended spending most of my time looking at there saltwater stuff. Now that I've moved back to town I'm thinking about starting up a nano, probably just soft corals. Are there any good local shops that are more knowledgeable then Burmuda Triangle around here? Also does the club still meet regularly?

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's looking like March for the next meeting unless someone steps up. Aaron won't be able to host until next month. - We're getting back to being active, check out the facebook group for some more fun as well :D

Bermuda staff is generally very knowledgable, the rest liveaquaria.com is a good QUICK reference, but dig a bit deeper before any major purchases like fish compatibility :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gudar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a good 4 years since I had a tank last, so what are some good resources for information? I don't know if too much information has changed in that time, but if so I'd like to be current. LEDs were just starting to be used, I haven't done too much research on them. Has anyone used them, if so do they work better than halides or T5s?

OP
OP
G

gudar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, I think I still have one of the Aqua Medic nano waves. So I might set that up to start with since everything I need is already in it ready to go. The only thing is they use power compact lights, which I have noticed are starting to be fazed out. I think the power compacts will be enough light for what I want to do, which is mainly zoanthids, sponges, ricordias, and gorgonias. I might put a stronger power head in it. The tanks stock pump is decent, but there is always room for improvement.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 62 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.4%
Back