Starting my 90g mixed reef build

seedlessbuds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I recently picked up a pretty much brand new seapora 90gal tank for almost free. Now before I start my aquascaping/sump building I have a problem that maybe you all could help with. The tank measures 48"L 24"H 18"D and the front/back/bottom are tempered glass I was just wondering if I can still get good flow if my overflow is on a side? I dont mind drilling tanks but the sides I would normally drill I can't so any input would be helpful. Thanks alot

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I would do the glass test to see if you can drill one side an go peninsula! I love em it's like having 2 tanks in 1!

if you cant there is always a HOB overflow. life reef are the best from what I hear I ever owned one but if I could not drill or whould not I would get one of those.

OP
OP
seedlessbuds

seedlessbuds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I was kinda considering a peninsula tank and yea just tested all the glass and only the sides are not tempered so peninsula tank it will most likely be I'll get some pics up soon of tank stand design. Thanks for the help

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back